Thursday, January 27, 2011

Think carefully before you agree

I got an email from my ISP yesterday saying that thay noticed that I send out a lot of emails from my website and would I be interested in one of their "Email Quota" packages.

Hmmm, sound interesting, so I had a look at the offers...

  1. 2000 email recipients per month $4.95
  2. 4000 email recipients per month $6.95
  3. 6000 email recipients per month $8.95

Doesn't seem too bad? But then I had a look at my current email package...

  1. its included in my hosting package
  2. its limited to 200 emails per hour

So, hypothetically, I can currently send out 200 emails per hour. In one day that would be 4800 emails! Over the course of the month 144,000 emails.

I think I'll pass thanks.

Regards,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment