Friday, February 18, 2011

Where is everyone going?

Over the last few weeks, I have been monitoring the number of emails that bounce back to me and taking appropriate action on assotiated websites in Craigs Directory.

30 Days, 60 days, 6 months and 1 year after submission I send out update emails which let the user know the rank of their website. If the email bounces back to me, I set a "noshow" flag against the users website(s) which disables them in Craigs Directory (please see Where's My Website).

I have broken the results down into groups of 10,000 website listings. I'll let the graphs do the talking (basically, the red bit is the percentage that have bounced).

Websites 1 - 10,000

Websites 1 - 20,000

Websites 1 - 30,000

Websites 1 - 40,000

Websites 1 - 50,000

Websites 1 - 60,000

All Websites (as of 18-Feb-2011)

So, it seems, the older the website listing, the higher the probability that the email will bounce back - where is everyone going?

Regards,
Craig

PS. Website approvals are now taking 2 - 3 months so I have changed my update email strategy to 6 months, 9 months, 1 year and 18 months. This could make matters worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment